It is a bit hard to have a weekly round up on day #1, but lets try. Below are some links that ended up in my offline reader this week.
We don’t just ship widgets. In a world where platforms (Amazon) are taking as much market share as possible you need to stand out. What makes you special?
- Seven Effective Ways To Improve Your Company’s Brand
- Do You Know Your Brand Identity? It Starts With Your Why
This lead me to the following Youtube video from Simon Sinek about finding your Why. Great inspiration for finding the motivation behind our company.
You can never have enough Google Foo and Pagespeed never thinks your website is fast enough.
- Google’s 200 Ranking Factors: The Complete List (2019)
- Front-End Performance Checklist 2019
- Serving up Brotli with Nginx (and Automating it with Jekyll)
Preloading a webpage when a user hovers his mouse above a link is a great way to shave a few hundred milliseconds of the response time of your website.
Alex Stamos, ex-Chief Security officer of both Yahoo and Facebook, has been in some interesting places when things went badly wrong. The title of the article is a bit of a misnomer, the content is actually more of a biography.